Friday, June 19, 2009

Sharing/ Part 3

As I proposed in my email, I would really like to focus the third part on coming together and each group contributes to something we make together. I am in favor of a re-map of Zagreb.  To work with materials (paper, sketching utensils, transparencies, etc) and to re-name, re-orient, etc the map of Zagreb--

I like the translation process from bodies moving in the city to translating what we found through another, shared, medium.  This can be playful and also leave a residue, document...

In this way, we can work on a layering of palmipsest of ideas, places in the city, etc--it is also a document that can be shared beyond the group--a visual document (one more connected to the work than a video).  Again, we could have three maps from each day or a variation maps.

I also feel that this is where we can bring in discussion and the readings*

We may, need a place indoors to work--and I feel the studio will not be that far to return to and work.

I prefer this over a kind of show and tell format.


No comments:

Post a Comment